How Mold and Chemical Sensitivity Can Affect Your Health
Whether they’re referred to us by doctors or they contact us directly, many of our clients are suffering from various health effects due to mold in their homes.
Quite a few breathing issues and negative health effects can be traced back to mold. Among the symptoms I see most frequently have to do with allergies, asthma and respiratory-bronchial issues. Mold in the home can also be linked to chronic fatigue and a feeling of being run down.
In addition, mold issues in the home can manifest themselves as a chemical sensitivity in the body. Essentially the mold can trigger a reaction when someone who has a pre-existing condition comes in contact with, or close proximity to, chemicals. These reactions can be as simple as itchy skin or watery eyes to something as severe as breathing issues or even disorientation and not being able to function.
The main reason we don’t use chemicals in our mold removal process is we understand that people who have mold in their home may already be dealing with physical issues or have a compromised immune system.
Mold sensitivity issues are very similar to chemical issues, using chemicals in a home with a mold issue can compound a person’s physical issues. Some people we have helped in the past are so sensitive that simple common cleaning products like Windex or Pine-Sol, they can’t be used in the home. Obviously harsh mold mitigation chemicals could cause significant health issues to these people.
The last thing these suffering people need in their homes are more chemicals. Adding chemicals into their homes will most likely only damage the person’s health even further.
Why We Use Dry Ice to Remove Mold
We are committed to removing mold from homes the natural way. We use dry ice or other mechanical means to remove mold from structures.
Did you know that dry ice is the solid form of what we exhale? That means if you are breathing, you have vapor form of dry ice in your body.
Our blasting equipment shoots dry ice pellets upwards of 700 MPH which will strip the mold off of molded wood.
We will also remove a small amount of wood (only about 1/32”) which helps to remove the mold root that grows into the wood. Removing this small amount of wood and the mold root helps to prevent any future mold growth, it also helps to remove the mold smell from the home.
Our dry ice blasting process is so safe it can be used in food and drug manufacturing facilities.
Why We’re Different
Unlike other mold removal companies, we don’t try to “treat” drywall or non-essential framing by spraying chemicals on the surface. We believe the best way to “treat” these items is to simply remove them from the home. New clean wood and drywall can be used to put the home back together after the mold has been safely removed.
In addition to our chemical free mold remediation process, we offer many other services to help with mold, mold gases and mold mycotoxins. We are able to treat every surface of the interior of your home in a chemical free manner.
If you or someone you know is suffering from allergies, asthma, bronchial, respiratory issues or chronic fatigue, and can’t seem to get better despite all efforts and doctor recommendations, consider getting your home inspected and or having a mold air test done.
We provide inspection, consultation and prevention services along with independent lab air testing. With the mold air testing you’ll receive peace of mind, knowing if there is a mold issue going on in your home, we will be there to help improve the air quality or even better that there isn’t a mold problem at all.
We are experts at helping those who suffer from health issues due to mold in their homes, stay in their homes.